To ensure all of our members have a great experience on Biashara Place, most purchases are covered under our Money Back Guarantee.
The Money Back Guarantee means you’re protected if the item you ordered didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing.
You’ll get your money back.
When does the Money Back Guarantee apply?
You’re covered under Biashara Place Money Back Guarantee when:
- You don’t receive an item you ordered.
- You receive an item that doesn’t match the listing.
- You receive an item that’s broken or faulty.
Our sellers normally work with buyers to quickly resolve any issues, but if you can’t agree on a solution, you can ask us to step in and help.
What happens if the seller doesn’t respond?
Under the Biashara Place Money Back Guarantee, the seller has 3 business days to resolve your issue.
If you can’t come to an agreement, you can ask us to step in and help. We’ll review the details of your case and make a decision within 48 hours.
How secure is my cash?
We only release cash from sales to vendors after 7 days. Your cash is therefore in safe custody until the order has been satisfactorily completed.
- Receive a refund from Biashara Place directly for the full purchase price less the shipping amount
- Be required to avail the unsatisfactory item to the seller for picking.
- Be absolved of any further connection with the transaction or obligation to the seller
When the Buyer Is Covered by Buyer Protection
Buyers are eligible for a buyer protection claim as long as they:
- Made the purchase on the Biashara Place site or Mobile App.
- Paid through Biashara Place through the Biashara Place checkout process, such as Lipa na Mpesa, Paypal, or another approved payment method
- Made a purchase that is not specifically excluded from protection
- Made the purchase within the 7 days preceding the claim
- Have a good faith dispute with the seller
When the Buyer Is Not Covered by Buyer Protection
To win a claim, Biashara Place must believe that the buyer fundamentally did not receive the item for which they paid.
- If you purchased a product, it was delivered in a timely fashion, and it is substantially the same as other products of the same make/model, Biashara Place will not refund you simply because it turns out that you’re very dissatisfied with the product.
- A used item purchase is rarely refunded for breakage even if it was originally a high-quality, brand-name item.
- It’s worth noting that items that arrive very late, in a condition not matching the description, or with obvious damage or defects that were not disclosed in the listing, are generally covered.
How the Buyer Protection Program Works
To take advantage of the program, a buyer that believes they’re entitled to a refund must:
- First, contact the seller and try to resolve the issue without Biashara Place intervention.
- Contact Biashara Place within 7 days after purchase if the dispute can’t be resolved directly.
- Respond to messages and required actions from Biashara Place as the case is being processed.
- Return the item to the seller if we require this step.
Once Biasahara Place has been contacted, the claims process will begin. Notably, we will remain in contact with both the buyer and seller, asking questions or requesting evidence for claims.