Mogo now offers phones on the lipa mdogo mdogo loan plan, with pocket friendly down payments and easy weekly installments.
While specific phone models and prices may vary based on availability and updates, Mogo typically provides loans for popular brands such as Tecno (popular for excellent cameras), Samsung (known for immersive Amoled Displays), and Nokia (provides a pure Android One experience).
Apart from these three, other popular phone brands available on lipa mdogo mdogo include Infinix (respected for ample battery power), Oppo (Trailblazers of fast-charging solutions) and Realme (popular for powerful gaming processors).
In this article, we delve into details of all the latest Mogo loan phones, their specifications, the eligibility criteria and deposit requirements, weekly/monthly installments and total prices.
Table of Content:
Top 10 Mogo Loan Phones
Below is an updated list of the 10 latest Mogo lipa mdogo mdogo loan phones in Kenya:
Related Content: List of iPhones on the Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Loan
About Mogo Lipa Mdogo Mdogo
- Most Affordable Deposits: Among all the lenders in the Kenyan market, Mogo has the most affordable initial down payments for phones. For instance, you will find it easier to obtain a new Samsung A13 from Mogo at a deposit of Ksh 5,000 compared to the Ksh 5,500 and Ksh 5,800 by Mkopa and Watu Simu respectively. Similarly, the deposit for Nokia C31 is Ksh 3,000 at Mogo, while the same gadget sells at a deposit of Ksh 3,700 at Mkopa.
- Variety of Phone Brands: While other phone loan providers restrict themselves to one or two brands, Mogo gives you several options to choose from. You will find the much-coveted Tecno phones, Samsung, and Nokia.
- Tecno Phones on Loan: Tecno phones are the most sought after gadgets by clients looking for lipa mdogo mdogo phones in Kenya. The good news is that Mogo now avails the latest Tecno smartphones on loan, mainly from the Spark Series. Known for their affordability and decent features, the Spark series caters for budget-conscious consumers who are looking for reliable devices with essential functionalities.
- Fast Application Process: Applying for a smartphone loan from Mogo is quick and convenient. You can complete the entire application process online, empowering you to shop from the comfort of your own home. Once the application is submitted, your offer will be processed within 24 hours.
- Flexible repayment periods: Unlike other lenders who only offer one annual payment plan, Mogo understands that different individuals have varying financial situations. To accommodate this, they offer flexible repayment periods of 26, 39, or 52 weeks. You are therefore able to choose the repayment duration that aligns with your current financial capabilities and preferences.
Related Content: MKOPA Cash Loans: Eligibility, Limits, Interest & How to Apply
To qualify for any smartphone on loan from Mogo, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Original National ID.
- 6 months M-Pesa statement.
- Be at least 23 years old.
- A valid next of kin name.
- Next of Kin phone number.
- The required Deposit depending on the phone model.
Tecno Spark 10 Pro
One of the most popular Mogo phones, Tecno Spark 10 Pro is a feature-packed smartphone that offers an impressive set of specifications and features. It features advanced camera capabilities, a long-lasting battery, a large and smooth display, generous storage and memory, a powerful processor, and the latest software enhancements. These features make it an attractive option for smartphone users who seek a versatile and high-performing smartphone experience on loan.
- 5000mAh Super Battery + 18W Fast Charge
- 50MP Ultra Clear Rear Camera
- 8MP Glowing Selfie with Dual Flash
- 256GB Internal Storage; 8GB RAM
- Side Mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Affordable loan plan by Mogo at a deposit of Ksh 5,000
Tecno Spark 10c
A more affordable yet feature-rich option, the Tecno Spark 10c comes with 128GB of expandable storage and 8GB of RAM, ensuring ample space for your files and smooth multitasking capabilities. The device is equipped with a 16MP rear camera for capturing clear and detailed photos, and a powerful 5000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging.
- 5000mAh Super Battery with 18W Fast Charge
- 16MP AI-enhanced Main Camera
- High-resolution photos and videos
- 8MP Glowing Selfie with Dual Flash
- Ample Storage and a Powerful Octa Core Processor
- Affordable weekly installments of Ksh 650 at Mogo
Samsung Galaxy A54
Galaxy A54 is one of the latest Samsung lipa mdogo mdogo phones from Mogo and several other asset financing companies in Kenya. It comes with 256GB of storage and 8GB of RAM, ensuring ample space for your files and smooth multitasking capabilities. A54 is excellent for content creators and consumers alike, with a 6.4-inch display for an immersive visual experience, a 50MP triple rear camera for high-resolution photos and HD Videos, and a 13MP front camera that delivers stunning selfies.
- Spacious, expandable internal storage options
- Enough RAM for smooth multitasking
- High-resolution photos and videos.
- Long-lasting, AI-enhanced 5000mAh Battery
- Affordable deposit of Ksh 12,000 at Mogo
Samsung Galaxy A24
One of the best Mogo phones, and currently trending in the Kenyan market, Samsung Galaxy A24 offers an array of benefits packed into one device. In it you are guaranteed of sufficient storage, immersive visuals, stunning photos and videos and long-lasting battery power. You also get sufficient RAM for smooth multitasking, all at affordable weekly installments at Mogo.
- Simple yet stylish, Glossy Finish
- Crystal-clear visibility in shows and streams
- Over 48 Hours Days Battery Life
- Capture HD Videos and Crystal Clear Images
- Ample Internal Storage (128GB)
- Affordable Loan Payment Plan by Mogo at under 10k Deposit
Samsung Galaxy A23
Powered by a 2.4GHz Octa-Core processor and running on Android 13 with One UI 5.1, Samsung A23 delivers fast and responsive performance for the most demanding applications. The phone sports a 50MP quad-camera setup for high-resolution photos and an 8MP front-facing camera for clear selfies. It comes with 128GB of storage, 4GB of RAM and a 5000mAh battery that offers up to 2 days of usage and supports 25W Super Fast Charging.
- Excellent Shots and Videos with a 50MP Quad Camera Setup with OIS
- Awesome 500mAh Battery with 25W of Super Fast Charging
- Powerful 2.4Ghz Octa-core processor for fast performance
- Ample Internal Storage, expandable via microSD cards
- Affordable weekly Installments of under 1k at Mogo
Samsung Galaxy A14
Samsung Galaxy A14 is one of the newest additions to the lineup of smartphones available on loan at Mogo. This feature-packed device runs on the latest Android 13 operating system and showcases a stunning 6.6-inch HD display. Capture breathtaking photos with its powerful 50MP triple camera setup, and enjoy ample storage space with its generous 128GB capacity. Galaxy A14 offers a compelling combination of performance, visuals, and storage, making it a standout choice for those seeking a smartphone with convenient payment options.
- Freedom to choose from two Internal Storage options (128GB and 64GB)
- 5G Ready for super fast download speeds
- Powerful Triple-lens AI-enhanced Camera System
- Capture HD Selfies with a powerful 13MP Front Camera
- A 5000mAh long-lasting battery
- Available at a deposit of Ksh 5,000 at Mogo
Samsung Galaxy A13
Samsung A13 is another popular and feature-rich smartphone available on loan at Mogo, offering a combination of power and versatility. It is an ideal choice for individuals seeking an entertainment and productivity companion with guaranteed storage, connectivity and good battery life. Despite the release of this gadget, Samsung A12, continues to be in high demand and remains the most sought-after phone in Kenya. This underscores the impressive features associated with this range of Samsung smartphones.
- Powerful 50MP Quad Camera system, with Macro, Depth, and Ultra Wide lenses
- A durable 500mAh Battery that lasts for 2 days
- FHD+ Display Technology for an immersive experience
- A powerful Octa Core Processor and 4GB RAM for smooth multitasking
- 128GB Internal Storage, expandable via microSD Cards
- Affordable Weekly installments of Ksh 600 at Mogo
Samsung Galaxy A04
This is undoubtedly one of the most affordable smartphones sold on loan in Kenya, by Mogo and other lenders such as Mkopa, Dlight and Watu Credit. Available at a deposit of Ksh 4,000 at Mogo, Galaxy A04 is a real quick fix for persons seeking to replace a lost gadget, or upgrade from feature phones. Overall, the Samsung A04 delivers high-quality photos, packs adequate storage, the latest Android software and a durable battery that powers your busy day activities.
- Ambient Edge Design plus a 6.5-inch Infinity-V HD Display
- Awesome 50MP Dual Camera with Flash and OIS
- AI Power Management for long-lasting power
- 4GB RAM Plus extra virtual RAM up to 4GB
- Digital Zoom up to 10x; FHD Video Recording
- Affordable weekly installments of Ksh 700 at Mogo
Nokia G21 is a much sought-after smartphone in Kenya, now available on the Mogo lipa mdogo mdogo loan. It offers advanced features such as a 6.5-inch HD+ display, a 50MP Triple Camera with AI imaging capabilities, and runs on the Android 13 Operating System. Nokia G21 is a highly advanced camera phone capable of capturing stunning pictures in 4K quality. Its standout feature is the long-lasting battery, which features a large capacity, efficient performance, and rapid charging, complementing the phone’s robust processing power.
- 3-days power from a 5,050mAh battery with 18W Fast Charging
- 2 Years of Guaranteed Android Operating System Upgrades
- 50MP Triple Camera spiced up with AI imaging technology
- Generous Internal Storage of 128GB, expandable up to 512GB
- Affordable Weekly Installments of Ksh 750 at Mogo
Discover the ultimate smartphone experience with the new Nokia C31, now available on the Mogo Lipa Mdogo Mdogo loan in Kenya. This powerful device is packed with impressive features that will exceed your expectations: stunning visuals, a powerful battery, the latest Android Operating System and an all-powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Upgrade to the Nokia C31 and experience the perfect balance of performance, affordability, and premium features.
- A Large 6.7 inch HD+ Display
- IP52 ingress protection from dust and water sprays
- 13MP Clear Camera from Google
- 5050mAh large battery with 10W Fast Charging
- 64GB of internal Storage, expandable up to 512GB via MicroSD cards
- Most Affordable Deposit of Ksh 3,000 at Mogo
Mogo Phones Pricelist
Below is the updated list of all the Mogo lipa mdogo mdogo loan phones, with their deposit requirements, weekly and monthly instalments:
Related Content: List of Xiaomi Redmi Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Loan Phones
Other Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Dealers
Apart from MOGO, there are several other companies that avail phones on the popular lipa mdogo mdogo financing plan in Kenya:
M-KOPA: Currently offers loans exclusively for Samsung and Nokia phones. The range of phones available at Mkopa includes Galaxy A03 Core, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A24, Nokia C31, Nokia G21, Nokia C22 and Nokia C32.
WATU CREDIT: Dubbed Watu Simu, this company has a wide range of phone models on loan, including Samsung Galaxy A03 Core, Galaxy A04, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A24, Galaxy A34, and Galaxy A54.
DLIGHT: A leading Paygo solar company that recently expanded its offerings to include smartphones on loan in Kenya. Dlight currently has diverse range of Samsung, Nokia, and Tecno phones at affordable deposits. Some of the latest Nokia smartphones available include Nokia G10, Nokia C10, Nokia C30, and Nokia C31. Dlight also sells Samsung and Tecno phones on loan, with the most recent being Galaxy A04e, galaxy A04, Galaxy A13, and Tecno Pop 7 Pro. The initial deposits for these phones range from Ksh 3,000 to Ksh 4,500, while the daily installments vary from Ksh 55 to Ksh 80.
SAFARICOM: Has a partnership with Google to avail Lipa Mdogo Mdogo phones payable in daily installments as low as Ksh 20 for 12 months. The deposit for the gadgets ranges between Ksh 500 to Ksh 5,000, depending on the model. Some of the currently available Safaricom lipa mdogo mdogo phones include the new Neon Smarta, Neon Ultra, Neon Ray Pro, Itel A60, Tecno Camon 17 and Tecno Spark 7.
5 Most Popular Loan Phones
Below is a list of the 5 most popular lipa mdogo mdogo smartphone offers from all brands:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mogo?
Mogo is a company that provides various financial products and services in Kenya, including smartphone loans, motorbike loans, car loans and logbook loans.
How Does Mogo Work?
Mogo offers loans and financing options to individuals and businesses. Customers can apply for a loan online or at their branches by filling out an application and providing the necessary documentation. Mogo then evaluates the application and provides a loan offer based on the individual’s creditworthiness and other factors.
Which Phones are available at Mogo?
The Samsung phones available on loan at Mogo include Galaxy A04, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A24 and Galaxy A54. Tecno Spark 10c, Tecno Spark 10 Pro, Nokia G21 and Nokia C31 are also available on loan at Mogo.
How much is the Deposit for Mogo Phones?
The down payments for Mogo loan phones range from Ksh 3,000 to Ksh 12,000, depending on the specific smartphone model and specifications.
What are the eligibility requirements for a loan from Mogo?
To get phone from Mogo, applicants need to meet criteria such as being not younger than 23 years old, have a valid National ID, Provide 6 months M-Pesa statement and meet the MOGO creditworthiness standards.
How long does it take to get approved for a loan from Mogo?
The approval process timeline can vary, but Mogo typically aims to provide a quick and streamlined loan approval process of up to 2 hours.
Can I apply for a phone loan from Mogo with negative CRB listing?
Mogo’s eligibility criteria considers creditworthiness as one of the factors in the loan approval process. While having a good credit history can increase your chances of approval, Mogo may also offer loan options for individuals with less-than-perfect credit scores.
From which Mogo Branches can I get phones on loan?
Currently, the sale of phones on loan is restricted to two Mogo branches in Nairobi. These branches are:
- Nairobi Prestige Plaza, Ngong Road (Ground floor)
- Nairobi CBD, Pioneer Koinange (Ground Floor)
Kinoti Joseph is a Senior SEO Strategist and Co-Founder at Site Poa Ltd. Kinoti’s proficiency extends to crafting and executing effective digital campaigns, reviews for the latest Gadgets, Artificial Intelligence, Web Hosting and Entrepreneurship.